A lacquered and stained furniture is for the ones who would like a harder finish then what an oiled surface can offer. The lacquer makes the surface more durable and easier to clean. Although avoid using airtight materials on the surface because it can create condense between the tabletop and the material. Lacquered and stained furniture should also be treated with furniture polish regularly to protect its surface while increasing its gloss and glow.
Properly treated your wood furniture will last a lifetime. Hans K’s oiled wood is a natural material which changes depending on use, placing, maintenance and wetness. We therefore recommend you using Leather Masters wax oil straight after unpacking. After this procedure then oil the surface regularly (2-4 times/per). This will result in a natural and durable surface that will effectively withstand spilling, fluid spots and dirt. Wax oil can be found in your furniture store. Be careful to follow the instructions.
Some smear on your oiled furniture, such as red wine? This is what you do:
1. Polish away the old smear with sandpaper.
2. Apply a lush and even layer of wax oil over the wood surface with the help of a cloth or a brush.
3. Use a (slipsvamp) and work the oil in with long hard strokes. Think about stroking the oil along the woods fiber directions.
4. Let the oak soak for 30 minutes. Dry it well with a soft cloth so that no film can collect on the surface and make the wood to shiny.
5. Let the surface dry for at least 24 hours, or until it is entirely stick-y free, before you use the furniture.
6. On a dry wood it is recommended to repeat treatment after a few days.
7. Burn or soak the rags in water that you have been using because of the self igniting risk.
- Wood brightens with time. You can avoid dark spots where no daylight can get in by varying the placing of the objects that might be standing on the furniture.
- Immediately dry off spillage of fluids.
- Never place hot or damp object directly on to the furniture surface. Always use a coaster.
- Avoid placing your furniture to close to a heat source, for example a radiator. The wood then risks of getting dry and start cracking.
- Too big temperature differences may hurt a wood material. Indoor furniture should therefore not be placed outside.
- Be careful with placing hard and sharp materials directly on to the furniture surface because scratches can appear.
- Dust off the furniture surface regularly with a damped cloth. Dry after with a dry rag or use a microfiber cloth.
- Use furniture pads underneath its legs to protect the floor.
- If there is damage on the furniture, contact your furniture salesmen for advice.
Hans K 为您家和您的一生提供家具。在我们的各个系列中，你会发现厨房里，餐厅里，走廊和起居室里都会用到实木家具。不管你是想找流行的家具设计， 现代北欧的设计还是经典永恒的设计，您都可以在这里找到适合您的一款。